10.9.17

Ottobre T-shirt to dress

My daughter is a dancer, so I couldn't resist this "ballet studio" print from EmmaOneSock.  When I showed it to her, she liked it, but didn't know what we could do with it.  I remember when she was about 3, it was all I could do to get her out of dress and into more sensible clothing (when the occasion called for it).  Now, she only wants to wear short shorts and t-shirts.  She wasn't convinced when I suggested a dress, but she loves the finished result.  So far, she has just thrown it on over her leotard on her way to dance class, but she can also swap out the purple glitter ugg boots for shoes and wear it out with her friends.


To make the dress, I just extended an Ottobre t-shirt pattern by 20 cm.  The Ottobre pattern fits her really well.  It is from the Ottobre design 301 "The Best T-shirts" Creative Workshop.  I can't see this pack listed on their website anymore, so I don't know if it is still available.  The published date is 2006, and I probably bought it when it was newly released.

5 comments:

Summer Flies said...

Oh this is so gorgeous. That fabric is so pretty but also so sophisticated. And your daughter has a beautiful smile.

SoleCrafts said...

That is very cool fabric. And the dress you made is great.

Elizabeth Made This said...

What a beautiful print, and how nice to have a dress that she can wear for dance or to go out.

Georgia said...

Such a nice print! I love Ottobre too! I always get good fits for the kids! Your daughter smile says it all!

poppykettle said...

Such an unusual and lovely fabric! And like Georgia says - your daughter's smile says it all :)